Re: Geting rid of ide-scsi ?

On Friday 19 December 2003 15:21, Rob Bogus wrote:
> Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> > Dear Andy, dear list,
> >
> > I just read the release notes for the still-wet 2.6.0 Linux kernel.
> > Among other thigs is mentioned the fact that the ide-scsi emulation
> > module is currently broken in this kernel, and that there exists
> > very few enthousiasm to fix it.
>
> 1 - no, it's not totally broken
> 2 - for CD/DVD burning you don't need to use it

There are minor matters on ide-scsi vs ide-cd. For example, what about
having a cue/bin image and wanting to burn it ?? Cdrdao cannot work
with ATAPI devices and cdrecord can only burn cuesheets in -dao mode,
not in raw modes (-raw or -raw96r and so on).

So, what if the .bin is in 2352 byte sectors format ?

--
Kyritsis Athanasios <djart at linux.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering