Re: Pioneer DVR-106D issues

Kuwanger wrote:

PS: Andy, I guess I didn't make it clear in my original post but the system was kernel panicing. Since I never was at console all those times, I never had seen the actuall OOPs, but caps and scroll lock were flashing which told me it was a kernel panic. After your comment, though, I scratched down the OOPs dumped on console from burning a dvd-r. The same results occur when mounting a badly burned dvd-r, for which I posted onto the lkml, if interested. In either case, the cause was a failure in the ide-scsi reset function. A hack fix was to just return SCSI_RESET_SNOOZE. The only problem is that every 3rd or 4th burn's end the drive will stay stuck with its access light on requiring a reboot to fix.. So, I'm sticking with ide-cd even if it's horribly slow. And no, I don't expect a fix to be posted here. I'm stating this information purely for completeness. Besides, Linus says ide-scsi is a bad hack.

lkml post: http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.2/0073.html

I would really suggest trying a vendor kernel... Not that I claim there's anything wrong with your build, but it would eliminate the kernel as the source of the problem. Or not, of course.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time