Re: Pioneer DVR-106D issues

Kuwanger wrote:

Given all this, My question is should I test out another IDE cable given how ide-scsi works but has issues and ide-cd is horribly slow, or does the behavior rule out it being the ide cable's fault? I can always try out another cable if someone thinks it'll help.

Of course! You should eliminate the cable, try a vendor kernel, see if there's newer firmware, and anything else free or cheap. Eliminate anything you can replace to see if it changes the behaviour. And no, I doubt it's the canle, but you you might make sure it's well seated.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time