Re: Pioneer DVR-106D issues

> Unlikely what Andy seemed to think, I really wasn't asking this list for
> kenrel support.

Don't take things which are said in public personally. At least not what
I say:-) What I've said was pretty common commentary, in certain degree
addressing rest of the croud and merely denoting what *anybody* would
have to do to get right spin on the problem. It was not my intention to
discourage others from sharing their experience.

> I'm using the linux kernel v2.4.21 + a group of patches (lm_sensors, bttv,
> bootsplash, supermount, etc).  The drive is *not* mounted under supermount.
> Dma is enabled.  My chipset information is:
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 735 Host (rev 01)
> 00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (rev d0)

I also have SiS 5513 IDE controller, on P4 though, and non Pioneer
recorder... Yeah, one can say it's pretty lousy match, only IDE
controller is same... But in either case, I was running 2.4.19-2.4.22 on
this computer, with ide-scsi. I patch sr_mod (my DVD+RW kernel patch)
and never compile ACPI support... For what it's worth:-) A.