Re: Extracting file system from an iso image

Ashish Rangole wrote:

Once I have read an ISO9660 image with or without Joliet/Rockridge
extns, is there a way to simply extract files, directory sturcture
from it (analogous to tar extraction), without actually mounting the
iso image? Is there a utility to do this?
Let me ask the silly question, why are you trying to avoid mounting the filesystem? The obvious way to do an extract is to just mount with a loopback mount and copy. I presume that there is some reason why you don't want to do this, lack of permissions perhaps, other than that I don't see any reason to look for an alternative.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time