Re: unable to burn DVD +RW/+R on a new drive

> I tried a dvd-rw with success using cdrecord-prodvd
> growisofs fails with the following message
>
> /dev/scd1: FEATURE 21h is not on, engaging DAO...
> :-[ MODE SELECT failed with SK=5h/ASC=26h/ASCQ=00h ]

Was it virgin media? If not, attempt to 'dvd+rw-format -blank=full
/dev/scd1' (yes, it will take time) and re-run growisofs. Alternative is
to switch to Restricted Overwrite with 'dvd+rw-format -force /dev/scd1'
prior growisofs.

> I also tried without success 2.4X dvd+rw media (cdrecord or growisofs)
> instread of 4X media

I've got to do better than "without success." Well, if you really want
to figure this out. Include *exact* error messages issued by growisofs
or *explicitly* refer to those mentioned earlier (if any). Complement
report with output from dvd+rw-mediainfo utility. A.