Re: unable to burn DVD +RW/+R on a new drive

Le Vendredi 1 Août 2003 13:00, Andy Polyakov a écrit :
> > I tried a dvd-rw with success using cdrecord-prodvd
> > growisofs fails with the following message
I tested the unit with a supported OS and the supplied software.
A DVD+R or DVD+RW is not seen (error messages are much shorter than with linux
software)
So I gave up with this unit and I will try to get a new one or get my money
back...

> > /dev/scd1: FEATURE 21h is not on, engaging DAO...
> >
> > :-[ MODE SELECT failed with SK=5h/ASC=26h/ASCQ=00h ]
>
> Was it virgin media? If not, attempt to 'dvd+rw-format -blank=full
> /dev/scd1' (yes, it will take time) and re-run growisofs. Alternative is
> to switch to Restricted Overwrite with 'dvd+rw-format -force /dev/scd1'
> prior growisofs.
I'll do a better error report if the first step fails,
and if I have to keep this rotten drive.

Thanks all for your help.

D.
--
Dominique Rousset