Re: Q to all candidates: about advancing Debian (as organisation) while not being DPL

    Laura> I'm talking there about the DPL candidates who didn't (or
    Laura> won't) get elected.

    Laura> Yes, they are not usually part of the teams we are
    Laura> discussing. And that feels strange for me. Because many of
    Laura> the ideas proposed in the platforms can be put in practise by
    Laura> joining such teams, there is no need to be DPL for that. Then
    Laura> I wonder why they don't join the teams. A possible answer is
    Laura> that before the elections they didn't consider that
    Laura> possibility, and after the elections they become demotivated
    Laura> (because they didn't get elected). This is perfectly
    Laura> understandable and I wonder if having the DPL role is what is
    Laura> wrong and we should reconsider (and promote the other
    Laura> structures that we have (teams,
    Laura> delegates-or-call-them-what-you-like,etc) that allow more
    Laura> different levels of commitment).

For myself I've been struggling trying to find the right place in Debian
for the work I want to do since it became clear the TC wasn't that
place.  If I'm not elected I'll continue to do that work.  Whether I'm
more or less motivated will depend in some respect on how the DPL
approaches that work and on whether I can find a place to be effective.

--Sam