Re: Q to all candidates: about advancing Debian (as organisation) while not being DPL

Hi

El 30/3/19 a las 13:50, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 04:01:26PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>>> - the non-elected get depressed and don't continue contributing
>>> ideas/work to advance Debian in these areas,
>>
>> I think that's a good question! I considered the effects of losing the
>> race right when I decided to jump in, and decided to go in to this with
>> the attitude that even if I lose, the topics that we discuss and explore
>> should be useful to Debian.
>
> I initially misread that too, but now I think that what actually Laura
> meant was opposing the DPL (elected) to other team members (non
> elected). Rather than referring to DPL candidates who didn't get elected
> (who, at least in general, are not part of the teams we are discussing).
>
> Am I reading it right, Laura?

No :-)

I'm talking there about the DPL candidates who didn't (or won't) get
elected.

Yes, they are not usually part of the teams we are discussing. And that
feels strange for me. Because many of the ideas proposed in the
platforms can be put in practise by joining such teams, there is no need
to be DPL for that. Then I wonder why they don't join the teams. A
possible answer is that before the elections they didn't consider that
possibility, and after the elections they become demotivated (because
they didn't get elected). This is perfectly understandable and I wonder
if having the DPL role is what is wrong and we should reconsider (and
promote the other structures that we have (teams,
delegates-or-call-them-what-you-like,etc) that allow more different
levels of commitment).

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina