Q to all candidates: about advancing Debian (as organisation) while not being DPL

Hello all

There are some teams in Debian that focus in areas similar to the DPL tasks and allow people to make a difference in the project working on them, without the need - and the burden? or the satisfaction? - of being a DPL. For example:

* treasury, press/publicity and partners deal with the relationship with companies/organisations, * publicity/press, the web team and events team can have influence on the image we transmit and how the project is perceived * frontdesk, MIA, outreach, events and the welcome team can have an impact in expanding/improving our user base and contributor base, helping and motivating them etc.)
* ...

Sometimes I feel that having a (single person) DPL role is somehow harmful for people to get involved in these tasks: - the elected person gets so squeezed that after their service they just prefer to focus in other tasks, - the non-elected get depressed and don't continue contributing ideas/work to advance Debian in these areas, - the watchers just focus on DPL'ship (if they fit or not) and thus the more granularity in commitment (via the involvement in these teams) is overlooked. - the team members may continue overloaded until they decide they just need a break, and are not sure if all this flourish of ideas is tied to the DPL role ("having a hat", the "campaign period"...), or the people contributing to the debates (and the candidates) are motivated enough to get involved even if they are not elected :-)

What are your views on this?

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina