Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 10:07:38PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I completely agree, Russ.  And I work for a manufacturing company.
>
> How would Debian benefit if I can no longer take the Bacula packages
> that I'm building for my employer anyway, and upload them to Debian?
> I certainly am not willing to maintain them twice, and before we
> decided to use Bacula at work, the Bacula packages in Debian were in
> such a mess that they had been removed from testing for months.
>
> This is a small example of the benefit Debian derives from people
> working on Debian at their job.

Once I accepted payment to help set up an equestrian course.  My
"employer" in this endeavor had no idea that I would be using this
funding in part to help keep myself clothed, fed, and sheltered
while I worked on Debian in my spare time.  Now would it be a factual
statement if I said that the crazy horse people paid me to waste
time replying to mailing list silliness?

If you really think that working on Bacula or choosing to publish DWN
during work hours is the same thing as being tasked to do specific
ftpmaster work, I'm not surprised that you're missing the point.