A modest request

Hello,

For those of us that haven't followed the discussions about new voting
methods closely throughout their long history, and aren't fluent in the
philosophies and merits of the different options, I'd find it very helpful
if someone could post some simple answers to these questions by the time we
bring it up to vote:

1. Why are we doing this?  What are the problems that we hope to solve?
What are some examples of this?

2. How will it solve these problems?

3. Why are we solving the problems in this particular manner?

4. Does it introduce any new problems, however remote?

A URL or link to some resource that would provide nice background could be
nice too.

Thanks,
John