Re: supermajority options

Hi,

Buddha Buck:
> > I'd prefer [2b], with a mandatory "do nothing" option on the ballot. That
> > way, people can indicate whether further discussion or something else
> > (or nothing at all) should take place, should the supermajority option
> > fail.
>
> Except in the case of an election, there should always be a "reject all
> options" choice on the ballot.

In an election, that choice should probably be "I'd rather abolish this
office than elect any of _those_ goons". (Supermajority required.  ;-)

> [  ] ACCEPT resolution declaring Buddha Buck a forbidden interloper
> [  ] REJECT resolution declaring Buddha Buck a forbidden interloper
> [  ] FURTHER DISCUSSION
>
> It makes no sense to have no way to reject a proposal or an amendment.

I assume that the "further discussion" item is/should be the default option..?

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/