Re: supermajority options

Hi,

Buddha Buck:
> [2a] Discard the result if the CpSSD winner doesn't meet supermajority.
>   Default option (Further Discussion) wins by default.  New election to
> be held after appropriate discussion period.
>
> [2b] Discard the result if the CpSSD winner doesn't meet supermajority.
>   Hold an "instant runoff" using all the remaining options and the same
> ballots.  Repeat until a winner is found.
>
> I used to favor [2b], but I think I like [2a] best right now.

... but what if the second vote fails too?

I'd prefer [2b], with a mandatory "do nothing" option on the ballot. That
way, people can indicate whether further discussion or something else
(or nothing at all) should take place, should the supermajority option
fail.

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/