supermajority options

Here's some thoughts about how we might implement supermajority:

[1] The simplest: discard supermajority entirely.  Nothing special is
required to override "important decisions".  This has some elegantly
simple mathematical properties but I don't know of any other argument
for it.

[2] Discard the election if the winner doesn't meet supermajority.
Perhaps, if the ballot has nondefault options with differing supermajority
ratios, immediately hold another election using only the options with
a lesser supermajority ratio.  I'm leaning towards this at the moment.

[3] (current draft) Only consider supermajority in terms of defeating
the default option.  This gets a bit confusing to think about in the
context of transitive defeats.

[4] (my old hobby horse) Consider supermajority in every comparison
involving an option with a supermajority requirement.  This gets a bit
confusing to think about in the context of transitive defeats.

[5] (Nov 16 and earlier drafts) Discard options which don't satisfy
supermajority before considering transitive defeat.  This gets a bit
confusing to think about in the context of transitive defeats.

Suggestion?  Comments?  Incoherent ramblings?

[Note: I'm not going to be around much tomorrow.  Maybe you'll have
everything solved for me when I get back?]

Thanks,

--
Raul