Re: Markup in mail messages

>> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 09:48:23AM -0400, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> Actually I've been tempted to teach my mail reader to transform HTML
> into some lightweight markup (yeah, you need a bit of heuristics for
> that ;-) -- say Org, but why not its poor sister Markdown.

  https://github.com/aaronsw/html2text/ might interest you.  It converts
  (relatively) sane HTML into Markdown.

  I put html2text.py into $HOME/lib and use this to call it:

    #!/bin/sh
    #<html2mkd: convert reasonable HTML to Markdown
    exec /usr/bin/env python $HOME/lib/html2text.py ${1+"$@"}
    exit 1

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for anyone but myself

Getting old has advantages.  I can hide my own Easter Eggs, and young
ladies giggle when I give someone the finger.