Re: OT: Top Posting

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 08:16:20PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Messages in Markdown in the Windows world? I have never seen it.

I can't be sure where they're coming from exactly, but every once in
a while I see messages on debian-user, bug-bash or help-bash which
have extra asterisk characters scattered throughout them (usually
make the code samples break).  The only sensible interpretation I can
come up with for why these asterisks were added is that they're being
placed around text that's supposed to be emphasized/italicized.

When reading the message with the idea that "this might be markdown
text" in mind, it's possible to guess, in most cases, which asterisks
should be removed to render the code samples or terminal session pastes
correct.