Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

On 5/2/2024 11:31 PM, Sirius wrote:
I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,
Check the PCI ids of your Ethernet controller. Download the kernel image
you are considering, check if any of its modules matches these ids. n
I may need to do that.  Thank you,

In the mean time, an install seemed to be working but gave an failure
error which said it would be in the log and visible on virtual terminal 4,

These only work for me after opening a shell from the installer menu. That's fine now that I understand. The error screen just doesn't say that.

The error I'm getting is during "Install base system."  The only way I knew to save the log was with a camera. Even though I resized the image this list apparently didn't allow the attachment. How else can I save the log during install?

TIA,

Paul