Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

On 5/1/2024 10:44 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
Paul Scott (12024-05-01):
I read that I should try a more complete image which I am downloading
(jigdo) now.
Waste of time. The drivers are either in the kernel image or in
individual packages, you can install them on top of what you have.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,
Check the PCI ids of your Ethernet controller. Download the kernel image
you are considering, check if any of its modules matches these ids. n

I may need to do that.  Thank you,

In the mean time, an install seemed to be working but gave an failure error which said it would be in the log and visible on virtual terminal 4, I didn't know how to get to a virtual in the installer.  Various combinations with F4 didn't seem to work.

Google didn't seem to help. Can someone tell me how to get to a virtual terminal in the installer?

TIA

Paul

Regards,