Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

In days of yore (Thu, 02 May 2024), Paul Scott thus quoth:

> On 5/1/2024 10:44 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Paul Scott (12024-05-01):
> > > I read that I should try a more complete image which I am downloading
> > > (jigdo) now.
> > Waste of time. The drivers are either in the kernel image or in
> > individual packages, you can install them on top of what you have.
> >
> > > I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,
> > Check the PCI ids of your Ethernet controller. Download the kernel image
> > you are considering, check if any of its modules matches these ids. n
>
> I may need to do that.  Thank you,
>
> In the mean time, an install seemed to be working but gave an failure
> error which said it would be in the log and visible on virtual terminal 4,
> I didn't know how to get to a virtual in the installer.  Various
> combinations with F4 didn't seem to work.
>
> Google didn't seem to help. Can someone tell me how to get to a virtual
> terminal in the installer?

Control-Alt-F4 should get you to vc4. It might be enough with Alt-F4 if it
is text-mode installation, but if you are doing a GUI install (Wayland or
X running) you need the Control-Alt combo.

--
Kind regards,

/S