Re: Adding package to Debian Distro

On 2024-05-09, Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2024 14:09:52 -0000 (UTC)
> Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> I don't think there is a process by which you could add closed-source
>> IBM software to a bona fide Debian depository, even the non-free one,
>> which only seems to contain firmware and drivers for closed-sourced
>> *hardware*.
>
> Isn't that what the non-free archive is for?
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive#s-non-free

Maybe you're right. I can't seem to find a comprehensive list of
non-free packages, nor anything equivalent to this intricate IBM
software. I mean, if non-free means: "anything at all that can be
reverse-engineered by our software teams," then I've misunderstood its
meaning and purpose (which is perfectly possible).