Re: debian bookworm japanese kana input disabled

On Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2024 08:48:03 -04 Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Thu, 9 May 2024 10:06:29 +0000

> Michael Kjörling <2695bd53d63c@ewoof.net> wrote:

> Hello Michael,

> >However, I seem to have had a similar issue even after upgrading to

> >the first regression-fixed glib2.0 packages on Bookworm.

> >Specifically, dead keys no longer working with the Swedish keyboard

> >layout, and instead acting as though I didn't press any key at all.

> Is it possible that, without at least logging out and back in, the

> broken version of the library is still in use?

Hi Michael
and hello

冨澤守治

I don't know if it was related but with the same Debian Sid upgrade Firefox (and only Firefox) lost the ability to enter äöüáéí€ß ... that is it ignored anything which was not pure ASCII, however entering the accented characters in a terminal or other applications (here KDE) still worked.
After today's upgrade everything was back to normal but I *had* to reboot.
So logging out and back in again might work although I suspect that at least restarting the X server will be necessary. I didn't try it because I had to reboot anyway.

All the best to you all

--

Eike Lantzsch KY4PZ / ZP5CGE