Re: Adding package to Debian Distro

Hi,

kiruthikaanbusuresh wrote:
> Hi Debian Team,

Standard disclaimer: We are the users. A team only by coincidence.

(And you seem not to be subscribed to the mailing list.
Thus i CC: your mail address.)

> There is a package by name rsct which is specific to IBM. I
> would like to know the process to get this added to the Debian Distro.

If it complies to
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianFreeSoftwareGuidelines
and is of some general use, then have a look at
  https://wiki.debian.org/RFP

> Should I have to get sponsorship for getting it added to Debian ?

If you want to contribute own work to this packaging endeavor: Yes.
It will probably increase your chances for success.

See
  https://mentors.debian.net/
  https://wiki.debian.org/ITP

Have a nice day :)