Re: sudo security Was: Reporting missing package during install

* On 2013 10 Dec 10:12 -0600, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
> Nate Bargmann writes:
>  > * On 2013 10 Dec 08:32 -0600, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
>  >
>  > >  > If your complaint is simply that Debian even allows the option of a
>  > >  > single user account with sudo enabled rather than forcing separate root
>  > >  > and user accounts, then even I would resist the removal of the option.
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > > Forgive me, could you help me in understanding this? I am not a native
>  > > English speaker and this time my English skills "dumped the core" :)
>  >
>  > Some of your argument seems to suggest that the Debian installer should
>  > not offer the option of leaving the root password blank
>
> IT DOES????? AAAAAAARGH!

I did a Wheezy install on Sunday and, yes, leaving the root password
fields empty in the installer results in the first user account being in
the sudo group.

I presume that entering a password in those fields results in root
having its own password and the first user account not being a member of
the sudo group.

Don't take my word for it, do an installation in a Virtual Box instance
to examine the results.

- Nate