Re: trackball not working after sid upgrade

On 12/10/13, Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013, 18:46:16 schrieb Zenaan Harkness:
>> OK, previously, I added to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
>> :
>> Section "InputClass"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Now my recent sid upgrade (had not upgraded for about 2 months I
>> think) has evidently overwritten this.
>>
>> So, do I just create my own .../xorg.conf.d file, to protect against
>> upgrades?

I just tried /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-trackman-marble.conf as a
symlink to ~/share/xorg.conf.d/90-trackman-marble.conf then reboot,
and this appears to work.

(my home directory gets backed up you see, so I am more portable by
keeping my own files there and just linking).

> got the similar problem here.Solution:  Just put your 10-evdev.conf into
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and it will be no more overwritten. I am using this
> for my 50-synaptics.conf, which I edited for my needs.
> Works here like a charm.

Great, thanks! sounds similar to what I just tried.

I do not have /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ so can you tell me what would be
suitable/good/ideal/recommended permissions for this directory?

And is there any "preference" between /etc/... and /usr/share/... ?