Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

On 09/12/2013 03:17, Mitchell Laks wrote:

Microsoft first introduced StickyKeys with Windows 95. The feature is also used in later versions of Windows.
Enabling
To enable this shortcut, the ⇧Shift key must be pressed 5 times in short succession.
This feature can also be turned on and off via the Accessibility icon in the Windows Control Panel.

At first, I was concerned to see you referring to Microsoft's implementation. Searching some more I found this, from Gnome:

Turn on sticky keys

"Quickly turn sticky keys on and off

Select Turn on accessibility features from the keyboard (above Sticky Keys) to turn sticky keys on and off from the keyboard. When this option is selected, you can press Shift five times in a row to enable or disable sticky keys."

https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/3.5/a11y-stickykeys.html.en

That help page also mentions a couple of other places to control the setting.

Not sure if this is exactly the same as your problem, but I had very similar symptoms. Looking at this documentation, I think my 'Sticky Keys' event must have been caused by something touching the 'shift' key during a particularly awkward reshuffle of keyboards and monitor during installation.

Good luck, Ron