Re: gdm3 issue

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 15:15 +0530, Kailash Kalyani wrote:
> The issue started when I removed old linux images from Ubuntu which is
> on another partition. That resulted in a grub update from ubuntu and
> since then I've had this issue.

So the answer already seems to be there. Ubuntu did likely automatically
write a broken grub.cfg with what ever obscure boot option that does
break to log in your Debian.

If possible you should use a good boot loader instead of GRUB, e.g.
Syslinux. I use GRUB 2 just for fun too, but edit grub.cfg manually.

Use GRUB 2 from Debian, hopefully it's defaults are more sane than those
of *buntus and automatically generate a saner grub.cfg.

Regards,
Ralf