Re: new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

On 08/12/2013 20:20, Mitchell Laks wrote:

Frequently when I type now, and i use the key b or d (for instance many other letters such as space etc as well)
i get an endless stream of repetition of that key thus

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

and it will just keep on typing until I hit any key and then it stops.

[snip]

any other ideas to try?

I had this on a recent Wheezy install. In my case it was unrelated to our also-simultaneous hardware change, it seemed that a desktop function named 'Sticky Keys' had been invoked. I wasn't sure how, but I had used the keyboard while reaching awkwardly for something, and must have triggered the function. Though it asked for confirmation, I didn't see the dialog, and must have 'accepted' its offer.

Fortunately, the dialog came up again later, and I declined it; things have been fine, since.

I don't know what the function is or how it is controlled, but it might be worth checking, if you can find some info somewhere.

regards, Ron