new motherboard now Autorepeat of keys even when not pressed down

Hi,

I recently upgraded my motherboard to an asus  M4A77TD
motherboard with a new CPU.

I am not sure when this problem developed, but it may be related to the above.

Frequently when I type now, and i use the key b or d (for instance many other letters such as space etc as well)
i get an endless stream of repetition of that key thus

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

and it will just keep on typing until I hit any key and then it stops.

This happens multiple times every few minutes and is quite annoying.

I tried
setting
xset -r
and this was very annoying because you sometimes want repetition.
I tried directly to
xset r rate 500 30 or
xse r rate 1000  30
but still I get this annoying repetition which
i very irritatimg with say the
conkeror browser as b keeps trying to back up the browser
and filling in web forms gives me endless spaces or
endless carriage returns at the commond line in a console.

I tried to
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg-input-evdev as well
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg-input-all

any other ideas to try?

It seems related to these problems

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/599316

Of course this is a machine running
wheezy, but was installed some many previous debian versions  time ago.

Thank you,

Mitchell Laks