Automatic installs

Have a question about automatic dependencies. I just updated my sid machine, as more and more of KDE 4.11 was uploaded this week. Well, when I did, I got the following during the dist-upgrade:

Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  akonadiconsole akregator amor ark avogadro-data blinken blogilo bomber bovo
  cantor cervisia crda cvs cvsservice dnsmasq-base dragonplayer easy-rsa gnugo
 ...snip...
  step svgpart sweeper texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-base-doc
  translate-toolkit umbrello usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data valgrind
  valgrind-dbg vpnc wireless-regdb wpasupplicant

I am deathly afraid to apt-get autoremove, because I see a lot of things in there that I use, such as akregator, gwenview, kwalletmanager, network-manager, etc. I did a quick check, using apt-file, thinking that maybe the package name for the app might have changed:

$ apt-file search /usr/bin/akregator
akregator: /usr/bin/akregator
akregator: /usr/bin/akregatorstorageexporter
kdepim-dbg: /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/akregator
kdepim-dbg: /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/akregatorstorageexporter

But they didn't as far as I can tell. So is this for real, and if I apt-get autoremove, it will gut my system, or am I missing some detail and it's all good?

Thanks,
--b