Re: Investigating dependency trees

Tom H wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

Synaptic and dselect provide this information for *ONE* level down from a
particular package *IF* an actual installation and repository exist.

apt-cache depends --recurse <package>
apt-cache rdepends --recurse <package>

Reading the man page suggests it solves my problem in a slightly different way than I was visualizing. But it has a major plus, the references to GraphViz{http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/} and VCG tool{http://rw4.cs.uni-sb.de/users/sander/html/gsvcg1.html} indicate the output problem is essentially solved ;!

Now to run some test cases.
Thank you.