Re: Problem with halt

On 2013-11-14, Kailash Kalyani <listskailash@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Curt,
>
> so you used:
> shutdown -hP now

I think I did shutdown -h -P now (that's what the other guy said he did, no?)

Looking at man page maybe the trailing -P was ignored?  Or it doesn't
make any difference, perhaps?

> and that did not produce the result. From debian wikis it appears to be
> an APM issue.

> aptitude search "~i firmware"
> should show if you've got the free & nonfree firmware installed.
> I generally prefer to install the metapackage firmware-linux which
> installs both.

curty@einstein:~$ aptitude search "~i firmware"
i   firmware-linux         - Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
i A firmware-linux-free    - Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
i A firmware-linux-nonfree - Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
i   firmware-realtek       - Binary firmware for Realtek wired and wireless network
curty@einstein:~$