Re: Problem with halt

On 2013-11-11, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski <main@wawrzek.name> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried non-free firmware and it didn't work. So I decided to give
> ubuntu and halt/power down doesn't work in latest Ubuntu as well.
>
> So I see two option - something bad happend with my BIOS or there is a
> regression in kernel...

I have the same problem, though intermittently.

Sometimes the machine powers off, sometimes it doesn't (I believe it
says Power Down on the screen) and I must press the button for about
five seconds to cajole it to do so.  It actually amounts to a minor
annoyance, as the shutdown procedure is executed correctly (except for
the electrical part at the very end).