Re: Problem with halt

On Thursday 14 November 2013 12:45 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2013-11-13, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
On 2013-11-13, Antonio Paiva <alpharomeopapa@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you tried using 'shutdown -h -P now' ?

No.

I was having similar issues with some machines not powering down after
shutdown and that solved it for me. In my case, I simply set that as the
exit command for my window manager, and I have no idea how you might go
about doing it in a desktop env.

You'd type the command in an xterm and press enter.

Actually I think in gnome you could just create a little launcher (or
something), for example.  Well, at least in the old gnome everyone
regrets you could.

Thank you, at any rate. I'll experiment with the -P flag later this
evening.

In Gnome you can use alacarte (menu editor) and add a new entry which points to script that could run
shutdown -hP

K.