Re: Installer not reading preseed.cfg

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM, keshav prabhakar <kes333@hotmail.com> wrote:

> d-i mirror/country string manual
> d-i mirror/suite string stable
>
> yes, those two lines did the magic! Thanks.
> It started reading from the local server but...now, it's stopping next at
> this error:
>
>    No root file system
> No root file system is defined.
>
> Please correct this from the partitioning menu.
>
> I googled around and tried replacing 'lvm' with regular:
>
> #d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
> d-i partman-auto/method string regular
>
> (and commenting out the related lvm lines)
>
> and tried replacing 'home' with 'atomic' as well:
>
> #d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select home
> d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select atomic
>
> no luck so far. will look into the details in the morning.

I thought that it might be a squeeze v/s wheezy problem so I
downloaded a squeeze netinst and ran your lvm preseed against it. The
VM installed and booted fine.

As a start and without diagnosing further, I'd boot from an install CD
in rescue mode and re-create the initramfs either with
"update-initramfs -u -k ..." or "update-initramfs -d -k ... ;
update-initramfs -c -k ...".

You might want to run "update-grub" after that, for good measure; or
even "grub-install ... ; update-grub".