RE: Installer not reading preseed.cfg

looks like I didn't 'reply all' before..

> As a start and without diagnosing further, I'd boot from an install CD
> in rescue mode and re-create the initramfs either with
> "update-initramfs -u -k ..." or "update-initramfs -d -k ... ;
> update-initramfs -c -k ...".

> You might want to run "update-grub" after that, for good measure; or
> even "grub-install ... ; update-grub".

hm, this is all new to me.. I tried the steps as you suggested - using a netinstall CD of 6.0.7, i went to rescue mode but I can't find update-initramfs anywhere..

~# update-initramfs -u
/bin/sh:  update-initramfs: not found
~#
~# find / -name update-initramfs