Re: Installer not reading preseed.cfg

On Fri 08 Mar 2013 at 22:22:25 -0500, Tom H wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri 08 Mar 2013 at 19:04:41 -0600, keshav prabhakar wrote:
> >>
> >> netcfg/wireless_wep string#d-i mirror/country string USd-i
> >
> > The first post at
> >
> >    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1601750
> >
> > is your situation. The second post gives a solution which is discussed
> > further at
> >
> >    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/662931
> >
> > The downside is it's for a different distribution. But you never know.
>
> When it comes to d-i and preseed, Debian and Ubuntu are the same,
> except for the version names and the installation of a basic system
> (Debian's is "d-i tasksel/first multiselect system" and Ubuntu's is
> "d-i tasksel/first multiselect standard").

I was being cautious :) and at the time hadn't looked at what the
preseed recommendations for Mirror settings are at

   http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/example-preseed.txt

Now I have I see

   d-i mirror/country string manual

is mentioned.

> I've never tried it but I think that you can even use kickseed with
> Debian's d-i.

I wasn't aware of it until it cropped up in the LP bug report. It
appears to be an alternative to using preconfiguration files with d-i.