Re: Installer not reading preseed.cfg

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri 08 Mar 2013 at 19:04:41 -0600, keshav prabhakar wrote:
>>
>> netcfg/wireless_wep string#d-i mirror/country string USd-i
>
> The first post at
>
>    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1601750
>
> is your situation. The second post gives a solution which is discussed
> further at
>
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/662931
>
> The downside is it's for a different distribution. But you never know.

When it comes to d-i and preseed, Debian and Ubuntu are the same,
except for the version names and the installation of a basic system
(Debian's is "d-i tasksel/first multiselect system" and Ubuntu's is
"d-i tasksel/first multiselect standard").

I've never tried it but I think that you can even use kickseed with
Debian's d-i.