Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:00:30 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 12 aug 12, 15:08:02, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> And for -boot and -cd, I can't see a strong reason to follow them,
>> given that I have no direct relation with those projects (I'm neither a
>> developer nor have opened any bug against them) and can't really track
>> all mailing lists for every single project, there are many!
>
> You mentioned you are interested in the installer, so -boot is the
> obvious choice.

Or debian-cd, right? :-)

But I'm not interested in the installer "per se" but the decisions about
the whole project, which of course, also involves the installer as a core
part of any distribution. Maybe is that my complaint is more focused to
an excesive "fragmentation" of the project that makes it very difficult
to follow.

>> Instead, I would have expected that important changes (like this) are
>> broadcasted to some "key" mailing list (such as -devel-announce or
>> -news).
>
> But it is not *yet*, there was just a commit in a repository, a new
> package is not even uploaded to unstable. Besides, as already mentioned
> by others, that commit might be reversed if they do manage to fit Gnome
> on one CD.

You mean a change on this can be still expected? I see no further
discussions about the issuse on the above mentioned mailing lists, where
is this being tracked/debated?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón