Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Vi, 10 aug 12, 17:36:15, Camaleón wrote:

> Yes, and here we had a problem with communication: users were not aware
> about this "issue" until they've read it from external sources (blogs,
> magazines, etc...). I'm susbscribed to Debian News and Debian Announce
> (and now added debian-devel and debian-devel-anounce) in a hope of trying
> to track these changes/decisions very closely because I'm interested on
> them but I wonder if this is just an impossible goal to achieve unless
> normal users subscribe to all of the development mailing lists.

As I see it, if one wants to follow Debian Development they should be
subscribed to at least -devel-announce, any specific mailing list and
possibly also -devel.

If one only cares about major changes and/or stable releases than
-announce, -news *and* reading the Release Notes is enough.

Kind regards,
Andrei