Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:22:48 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Fri 10 Aug 2012 at 14:23:38 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:41:37 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
>> > But the process of how the decisions are made and who makes them is
>> > the same.
>>
>> Yes, but that does not change the fact a decision (being a big change
>> or a small one) is wrong or badly put.
>
> So we have appropriate mailing lists and the BTS to express our views on
> the quality of the decision for the choice of a default DE on CD#1.

Yes, and here we had a problem with communication: users were not aware
about this "issue" until they've read it from external sources (blogs,
magazines, etc...). I'm susbscribed to Debian News and Debian Announce
(and now added debian-devel and debian-devel-anounce) in a hope of trying
to track these changes/decisions very closely because I'm interested on
them but I wonder if this is just an impossible goal to achieve unless
normal users subscribe to all of the development mailing lists.

> Apart from the one reference I have given previously I have seen nothing
> of any substance yet.

Sadly, me neither :-(

> There is this thread which could be added to:
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/08/msg00020.html

Thanks, but still nothing clear (is a thread with only one reply which
adds no additional info).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón