Re: How to cool my cpu temperature?

Seth Goodman wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote on Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:48 AM -0600:

The two most common causes of PS failure are spikes on the AC and
failing fans or otherwise obstructed air flow.

Transients in the AC line causing damage to power supplies is a
design issue for the supply.  We have known for years how to protect

Yes.

Even on well-designed power supplies, the fan is far more likely to
fail than any other component.  It is not difficult to have the
supply gracefully shut down if the airflow stops for any reason,
but this feature is often absent from consumer-grade PC power
supplies.

I would say "rarely present". I've replaced many a power supply
because someone draped papers or cloth over a machine, and obstructed
the cooling port.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.