Re: usb stick hangs debian

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 18:01 +0530, Vijaya S wrote:
> kernel version 2.4.18-bf2.4

You still haven't explained why there's CD-ROM stuff in syslog
when you put in a thumb drive.

In order for us to see anything useful, you must remove the
thumb drive and then reinstall it.

Better, though, would be to upgrade to Sarge, and then try
again.

> vijaya
>
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 17:35 +0530, Vijaya S wrote:
> > > output of /var/log/syslog
> > > VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,64)
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
> > > VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,64)
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
> > > VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,64)
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> > > ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
> > >  suddenly i got this message
> >
> > Best to reply to the list, instead of directly to me.
> >
> > What kernel version are you running?  You still haven't answered
> > that.
> >
> > And the stuff about "VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1"
> > and "ISO 9660 Extensions: " is about CD-ROMs.
> >
> > You aren't giving us enough information to help you.

> > --
> > Ron Johnson, Jr.
> > Jefferson, LA USA
> > PGP Key ID 8834C06B I prefer encrypted mail.
> >
> > "Peace won by compromise is usually a short-lived achievement."
> > Winfield Scott (?)

> >                        Name: signature.asc
> >    signature.asc       Type: application/pgp-signature

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"An economist is a man who states the obvious in terms of the
incomprehensible."
Alfred A. Knopf