Re: usb stick hangs debian

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 16:42 +0530, Vijaya S wrote:
> USB Mass Storage support registered.
> the above message only appears in /var/log/messages

What about /var/log/syslog?

What kernel version are you running?

Homegrown, or a pre-built kernel?

If v2.6, are you running udev?

> Carl Fink wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:26:39PM +0530, Vijaya S wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > > Whenever i connect a USB flash stick to my debian sarge machine it hangs
> > > and i have to reset the machine..
> > > why does this happen any ideas pls?
> >
> > Do any useful messages appear in your logs, say daemon.log or messages?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If you wish for peace be ready for war."
Proverb
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of
preserving peace."
George Washington