Re: mouse not working under X, while ok in gpm

> type=autops2

The only difference I have here is the type is just 'ps2' and
I have an a non-empty 'append'. These will both affect the
'input' side of gpm. So I think these differences are ok.

> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/gpmdata"
> 	Option		"Protocol"		"auto"
> 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"false"
> #	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
> EndSection

But here I have some differences, specifically these:

        Option          "Protocol"              "IntelliMouse"

Perhaps the 'auto' option for protocol isn't clever enough and
you need to explicitly specify it? Try it, you never know.

Also, I thought of something else: what are the permissions of
the relay device? I have:

	prw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Aug  8 20:49 /dev/gpmdata

> 1. startx destroy gpm mouse

And if you run 'X' directly, so you only have the stippled screen,
and no WM or clients, then does the mouse work? I would expect
not because it sounds like a non-WM problem, but try it anyway.
(Run 'X &' or if you already have another X running try 'X :1 &')

Have you tried another mouse? :-)

Alexis