Re: mouse not working under X, while ok in gpm

> As stated in my OP, my console mouse works fine.
>
>> Step three - Configure X to read from /dev/gpmdata.
>> [...]
>
> So I googled/read/did. But as I said, it didn't work -- in fact after
> startx, my console mouse is destroyed (there is an extremely long delay
> when starting X).

So if gpm is working (in text console) and X is configured to read
from the place gpm would forward mouse events to (/dev/gpmdata) if
it were configured to do so, then maybe gpm is not configured to
do so.

Post /etc/gpm.conf and the InputDevice section of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
(that's the InputDevice section for the mouse, not the keyboard).

Alexis