Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:55:49 +0000
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> No (unless you count the maintainer scripts), but diversions require
> support from the package manager. There's no point diverting a file
> off somewhere else if the package manager is just going to stomp on
> it at the next upgrade.

so its as I said a problem with the tools not the package format.

rpm tools tend to be stupid though, for instance Mandrake RPMs have a
suggests field but none of the rpm tools bother to even read the
field.

cheers,
Alaa
--
get my PGP/GPG signature at
http://www.geocities.com/alaaov/pub_key.txt

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves possess.
        -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]