Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 01:37:30PM +0200, Alaa The Great wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:18:35 +0000
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:47:18AM +0200, Alaa The Great wrote:
> > > the RPM format itself seems to have all the features of deb,
> >
> > It has most of them, although it's missing one or two. I'm reliably
> > (I think) informed that it doesn't have diversions, for instance.
>
> diversion info is stored in the deb package??

No (unless you count the maintainer scripts), but diversions require
support from the package manager. There's no point diverting a file off
somewhere else if the package manager is just going to stomp on it at
the next upgrade.