Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 02:41, Alaa The Great wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2003 11:29:13 -0600
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Note that since apt & dpkg came 1st, urpmi & rpm are like them,
> > not vice versa...
>
> I thought like was commutative :-)
>
> dpkg like rpm == rpm like dpkg
>
> isn't it??

In mathematics, but not necessarily in natural language.

There is implicit (maybe only in English, or American, or my
fevered, paranoid mind?) in the statement "foo is like bar" that
bar came 1st, and so foo is like bar.

In other words, KDE is like Windows, because KDE is imitating
Windows, and not vice versa.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |