Woody Installation Problem

> with various tasks selected.  While unpacking stuff from
> CD 3 and error occurred:

Maybe that CD has errors on it.  You can check it by mounting it, going to
the directory where it's mounted, then

md5sum -c md5sums.txt

No output = good, error output=bad

If so you'll need to get a new cd or install those packages from http or ftp.

> I then ran dselect, but couldn't figure out how to tell it to find the
> files on the CDROM.  So, now what do I do?  Reboot from CD1
> (or my boot floppy)?

In dselect, choose "Access" from the main menu, and it has a cdrom option.
You could try uninstalling the broken package, then re-installing it from the
cd again from an ftp or http source (choose under "Access" again in dselect).